At Dollhouse Beauty Parlor, we use high-quality Australian made waxes for exceptional hair removal. Good waxing results depend partly on what you do before, after, and between waxing appointments. Please read our Waxing Pre and Post care below to help us obtain the best waxing result for you.
WAXING PRE CARE
- Please arrive with clean skin (no moisturiser and preferably no makeup). Antibacterial wipes are provided to freshen up prior to intimate and underarm waxing.
- Hair must generally be at least 4-5mm to be waxed effectively. Please trim any very long hairs in the area if possible.
- If you are particularly sensitive or is this is your first wax, you may wish to take a Panadol or Nurofen 30-60 minutes prior to your appointment to take the edge of any discomfort.
- Please advise us if you have been taking accutane or steroidal medication, or any other medication that thins the skin.
- Avoid applying Retin A, AHAs, or glycolic acids for 4 weeks prior to waxing.
- Wait at least 4 weeks post any superficial or medium depth peel.
- Do not wax if your skin is irritated, or if you have any active conditions or infections in the area such as rashes, cuts, eczema or coldsores. If you are taking Accutane, any steroidal or skin thinning medications you must let us know as you have a highly increased chance of side effects.
- It is necessary to remove your underwear for any intimate waxing beyond a basic bikini or brief wax. All of our waxing is performed by professional female therapists in a private treatment room.
- Even with the best products and technique, skin needs time to calm post waxing. This may happen very soon after your treatment but can take between 48-72 hours.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing after waxing until the skin has calmed.
- For intimate waxing, please ensure that you wear undergarments made of cotton so the skin can breathe.
- Avoid perfumes, antiperspirants and colognes in the area until the skin has calmed.
- After a wax, avoid chlorine pools, saunas, the gym, and hot tubs until your skin has calmed down, to minimise the risk of inflammation.
- Keep showers warm, not hot and do not engage in any vigorous exercise or sun exposure.
- Do not exfoliate and avoid any beauty treatments in the area for at least 48 hours
- Once the waxed area has returned to normal, gently exfoliate each day using a suitable exfoliating wash or gentle loofah and apply a moisturiser or after-wax lotion.
- Once a 4-5mm growth has returned the area can be waxed again. Waxing appointments are generally booked 4-6 weeks apart.
Full Leg Wax $50
1/2 Leg Wax $35